[seam-dev] Please read & review: "Test your module"

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 01:00:23 EDT 2010

Yeah, that's right. Maven ensures that classes under the src/main/test/
folder are never included in the final packaged build. So using a parallel
package structure to src/main/java, for example, keeps things nice and
separate :)

You can take a look at the Faces module for some more examples, but it looks
like I18N is right on.

--Lincoln

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Ken Finnigan <ken.finnigan at sorstech.com>wrote:

>  Lincoln,
>
> Great first cut on testing for modules.
>
> One question, one comment Pete made about some testing code I had committed
> for the i18n module was that classes for tests should be in a "test" package
> as opposed to being in the same package as the main source.  Are we going
> with that approach or having test classes in the same package but only under
> different source tree?
>
> Ken
>

> On 26/04/2010 18:57, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
>
> http://seamframework.org/Seam3/ModuleHandbook
> http://seamframework.org/Seam3/ModuleTesting
>
> This includes a few guidelines, plus step-by-step instructions for getting
> started writing JUnit and Arquillian tests. Please review and add/comment.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Lincoln Baxter, III
> http://ocpsoft.com