[seam-dev] Seam 2.2.1 and AS 6 support

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 26 07:55:28 EDT 2010

Hi guys,
Ales has discovered a bug in the way Seam detects Hibernate Search.
https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBSEAM-4700 which may or may not  be all that's behind https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBSEAM-4698

(We also use Class.forName which seems bad as well but that's another story).

I can try and commit a fix but would like to know:
 - if Seam 2.2 supports AS 6 (ie. Hibernate Core 3.5 and Search 3.2)
 - how to test my fix once applied (is that super easy or will it take forever(tm))
 - Are you guys working off http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/seam/branches/community/Seam_2_2/ ?
 - this fix should be applied to Seam 3 Persistence very likely

Of course if someone with deeper seam knowledge can take the bug fix from here, that would be much appreciated :)

Emmanuel