[seam-dev] Seam 3 and fork/join framework in JDK 7

Arbi Sookazian asookazian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 14:35:13 EST 2010

Thx for the response Pete.  I'm trying to gauge how helpful or critical it
will be to do parallel/concurrent programming via the ParellelArray class (
http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/jsr166/dist/extra166ydocs/extra166y/ParallelArray.html)
like in TNeward's example for Seam 3 apps or using a JVM language like
Scala.  And I'm talking in a Seam 3 context only.

In terms of identifying performance bottlenecks in Seam 2.x apps, it seems
much of it has to do with the JSF lifecycle and Seam interceptors and
dynamic injection (injection occurs on all @In annotated properties in a
class whenever a public business interface method is invoked - and this will
most likely change in Seam 3 due to the once only injection strategy in CDI
- inject only upon instantiation of the managed bean).

Would the fork/join frmwk or Scala help at all in terms of performance
optimization or should we be worried more about the db tier which is
typically the least scalable of an n-tier web system?  Or other obvious
things like 2nd level cache implementation or avoiding/dealing with n+1
selects problems...