[seam-dev] new JBoss AS maven plugin

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 18:58:09 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 19 Jun 2010, at 15:42, Dan Allen wrote:
>
> > For the booking example and Weld archetypes, we've added configuration
> for the jboss-maven-plugin from codehaus. Eventually, we should switch to
> the one ALR is working on:
>
> Actually, probably not. I talked to Andy about this a while back, and we
> agreed the codehaus one has more right now.
>

> > https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBASMP
> >
> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/jboss/maven/plugins/jbossas/
> >
> > Should we switch to it now? Or wait? Or is it even a drop in replacement
> for jboss-maven-plugin. I find it very odd that we need to go to codehaus to
> get a Maven plugin to control or own app server.
>
> We were talking about merging them at one point or another, which is
> probably best, because it would reduce confusion.

+1 for reducing confusion.

> Paul and/or Matt are working on the codehaus one.

Okay, so then it is more or less the official community version. We sure
don't make that very clear. And, btw, the documentation for the mojo is
weighing in at 0 bytes right now:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/jboss-maven-plugin/deploy-mojo.html

So that should probably get fixed. Perhaps a bad build?

Registered Linux User #231597