[seam-dev] [action item] GettingStartedDevelopingTheSeamFramework page on swfk.org is out of date

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 13:17:28 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III <
lincolnbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://seamframework.org/Community/GettingStartedDevelopingTheSeamFramework
>
> This page still references version 2.0 of Seam for new development, which
> is now a lie :)
>
> *In addition:*
> http://seamframework.org/Download/SeamDownloads#H-SeamSVNRepository contains
> repo URLs that are now broken for SCM checkout.
>
> svn: URL 'https://svn.jboss.org/repos/seam/modules/trunk' doesn't exist

Yep, this needs updating. I've had the following action item on my list, but
having gotten to them yet. I'll throw it out there just in case someone else
is interested in filling in.

- Document which Seam modules work, how to build Seam, how to test Seam code
(Arquillian)

I've also had this blog post draft sitting in a text file for a while. Might
be good to build on it and get it out there. Of course, it depends on the
information in the referenced URLs being correct ;)

We would definitely be interested in your participation with Seam. If you
> are interested in working on Seam 2, the best way to start is to see if
> there are any issues you would like to challenge yourself    with tackling:

> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10071&fixfor=12313677

> If you are ready to get started working in Java EE 6, then I encourage you
> to join in the Seam 3 development. It's an exciting time to get involved
> with Seam 3 because the foundation is currently being set and there is lots
> of room for growth. If you haven't read it yet, start with the Weld 1.0.0
> reference guide (or challenge yourself with the CDI specification):

> http://seamframework.org/Documentation/SeamDocumentation#H-WeldReferenceDocumentation

> Then, you can think about what modules would interested you most that are
> listed on this page:

> http://seamframework.org/Documentation/Seam3Modules

> If you want to start building Seam 3, here are the steps:

> http://seamframework.org/Documentation/Seam3Build

> We also need good examples so that people can appreciate the services that
> Seam provides. We can port examples from Seam 2, but we are also looking for
> fresh ideas. If you have one, share it here:

> http://seamframework.org/Documentation/ExampleIdeas

We look forward to hearing from you. Remember, getting started with Seam in
> the community is a great way to gain the respect of peers, which can lead to
> speaking engagements, better jobs, or even to be hired by Red Hat, if those
> sorts of things interest you.

Registered Linux User #231597