[seam-dev] Seam JIRA for Seam 3

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 13:36:53 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:03 AM, Andersen Max <max.andersen at jboss.com>wrote:

> > Q: Will it be "simultaneous release" once a year like eclipse does?
> >
> > No, firstly a simultaneous release implies that each module does it's
> major feature updates at the same time, I don't see we need to stick to
> that. Instead we will bundle a set of compatible modules. Secondly, we aim
> to release more than once a year :-)
>
> What is the difference between "simultaneous release" and "bundle a set of
> compatible modules" ?

I think what Pete is implying is that the modules don't have to be releasing
at that time (or should not hold out the released until that date). Instead,
we take what is stable at the time (pushing a release if absolutely
necessary to integrate well) and then cut the bundle. But, to be honest,
we're still in the process of establishing a strategy ;)

Registered Linux User #231597