[seam-dev] Seam 3 space on JBoss Community

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Tue Mar 23 15:09:23 EDT 2010

On 23 mars 2010, at 19:32, Arbi Sookazian wrote:

> You have some valid points.  Here's some clarification and further data/observations:
>
> 1) The search function here: http://community.jboss.org/ *does not* go to google.com.  It *does* for hibernate.org.  That's pretty lame and double lame that it's inconsistent, yes.

project pages (not to confuse with community pages (the wiki area I guess) do use google as a search engine
http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/

and AFAIK the strategy in jboss.org is to get both wiki spaces (freedom of edition) and project pages (static, with reduced edition rules and consistent l&f across all jboss.org projects).

> 2) From the hibernate.org home page, I click Tools link, navigate to this page: http://hibernate.org/subprojects/tools.html.  Now the Downloads, Community, Documentation menus/links don't work (perhaps works as designed for Tools as there is no add'l info/links or not done/bug??).

we had to hardcode these links in absolute for Search and Validator, I guess tools need the same treatment. Please open a jira on Hibernate's JIRA.

> 3) And yes, how do I navigate back to the home page from the tools page??
>
> 4) Isn't it atypical to have the navigation panel on the right side in terms of templating/UI design?

yes but the jboss.org L&F uses a 2+1 column model: 2 spaces of text, 1 for side links on the right.

http://community.jboss.org/poll.jspa?poll=1037