[seam-dev] Seam 3 space on JBoss Community

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Mar 24 10:09:58 EDT 2010

On 03/23/2010 04:39 PM, Gavin King wrote:
> I think what you're missing in all this, Steve, is that my comments
> are not really directed at the decision to migrate hibernate.org.
> There were considerations affecting that decision that simply don't
> apply to seamframework.org. And, well, it's done now, so
> recriminations don't really serve much purpose.
I dont think I am missing that at all actually.  In fact I have pointed
it out in each of my posts.  Of course the situations are different.
But I am not the one bashing seamframework.org nor the people managing,
administering nor executing it.

> Yes, I do think that the migration was badly executed (and I'm sorry
> you're offended by that), but I would not be pressing the point or
> even mentioning it here, were it not for the fact that there are
> several people who are arguing that we should do the same thing to
> seamframework.org. And they've been claiming, in the face of my
> skepticism, that this could certainly be done without losing the
> identity, look and feel, and general usability of the current site.
> Essentially, they've tried to tell me that there would be no downside
> to this migration. Which is a load of bull, frankly.
You know exactly what I have taken offense to.  No need to rehash it
here in public.  But to claim that I am simply offended by your opinions
as expressed here is completely disingenuous.

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org