[seam-dev] Interceptor packaging convention

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 14:10:50 EDT 2010

It depends -- each module could have a number of interceptors. You'd turn
the interceptors off by excluding the global enabler dependency that Dan
described, or re-including it as <provided> - whichever you see fit.

Perhaps yet another option would be to separate auto-registered interceptors
into their own maven sub-modules, if we REALLY need to be that specific.
This way you could include to enable each interceptor manually:

   - seam-faces
   - seam-faces-conversations
   - seam-faces-security

But again, and I am going to stand by this vehemently: I want automatic
registration of interceptors. Provide what users want 95% of the time, and
allow them to become more granular ONLY if they are in that 5% case -- but
don't require every user to understand the ugly, complicated 5%. That's how
Java EE, JSF, EJB, SOAP, etc, all lost their reputations.

Developer experience is crucial when designing this kind of interaction in a
framework. These things will be the difference between adoption and
abandonment.

--Lincoln

--
Lincoln Baxter, III