[seam-dev] Interceptor packaging convention

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 15:03:23 EDT 2010

> Thanks for the lecture on the need to make things easy for users.
> Clearly it's an issue that had not occurred to me before. Wow, I had
> never considered thinking of things from the POV of a user!

It's a point I seem to make frequently.

> Including a jar in the classpath is actually much more work than
> including a pre-written beans.xml file!

That's why the JAR is included by default via Maven -- or provided in the
"Dump these jars into your app" folder that we have in the Dist-releases. No
extra work required to include it.

You mentioned this a few times, so I'll bite: What other kind of frameworks,
those that would provide interceptors, do you see people needing to use,
specifically those that would conflict with our interceptors? Frameworks
that more than 5% of people will be using.

--
Lincoln Baxter, III
http://ocpsoft.com