[seam-dev] Interceptor packaging convention

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 15:50:14 EDT 2010

>> That's why the JAR is included by default via Maven -- or provided in the
>> "Dump these jars into your app" folder that we have in the Dist-releases. No
>> extra work required to include it.
>
> And so I repeat my question: how is this better than a pre-written XML
> file that is included by default?

What is required for a class to be interceptor?
(haven't been in JEE world for a while :-))

Does it need to implement some interface?
Or is proper api enough -- e.g. a plain class which has the right method?
(in JBoss AOP, afair, it was enough to have single param method "invoke" with InvocationContext param)

Just asking on how to easily recognize the interceptors,
since I've just written a single-pass scanning MC lib [1],
where it would be trivial to add recognized interceptors by default to Weld' metadata.
(we already do/add a bunch of default things for things we recognize as Weld in JBossAS/MC)

But I guess we then introduce ordering issue?

[1] - no more need to do multiple scans in diff JBossAS components
e.g. Hibernate Scanner impl: http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/scanning/trunk/plugins/src/main/java/org/jboss/scanning/hibernate/