[seam-dev] Code coverage for Seam 3 modules

Martin Gencur mgencur at redhat.com
Fri May 7 02:53:08 EDT 2010

Hello all,
I've been recently working on code coverage reports for Seam 3 modules.
So far, you can see the results in a few Hudson jobs, namely:
http://hudson.qa.jboss.com/hudson/view/Seam%
203/job/Seam-3.X-international-CI/
http://hudson.qa.jboss.com/hudson/view/Seam%203/job/Seam-3.X-faces-CI/
http://hudson.qa.jboss.com/hudson/view/Seam 3/job/Seam-3.X-jms-CI

Just explore the artifacts of certain build. Look for index.html which
is an entry point to code-coverage reports. You can see individual
packages, classes and even methods - all with nice graphic I think:)

The code coverage is using EMMA framework and in Seam I used various
maven plugins to retrieve the code coverage reports. The root pom.xml of
each module contains a profile named code-coverage. For the modules
where it is needed there is also a definition of the profile in api,
impl submodules. (so far only faces module contains the definition in
api submodule because it's the only module which has tests in this
section).

You can still run tests the way you did it until this time. But when you
want to get code-coverage report, run the tests as it is stated in
mentioned hudson jobs.

For modules which need to run the test in JBossAS you just have to setup
the JBossAS and set JBOSS_HOME property. Maven will automatically start
and stop the container.

I'm also to add the code-coverage to persistence module. AFAIK the other
modules have either some problems or don't have any tests. When you want
to add the code-coverage to some other module, ping me or mail me and I
will do that. Or you can do it by yourself.

Martin Gencur / Seam QA Team