[seam-dev] seamframework.org server host migration complete

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sat May 29 15:27:49 EDT 2010

Seam community,

On Friday, May 28th, we migrated the seamframework.org and
in.relation.toapplications and databases to a new server host (from
incubus.de in Germany to eApps.com in Atlanta, GA). There was an unexpected
24 hour period of downtime for seamframework.org because of a communication
breakdown in getting the DNS entries updated. The in.relation.to site had a
flawless transition in contrast.

The purpose of this migration was to bring the server under the ownership
and funding of Red Hat. This move is separate from the possible migration of
seamframework.org to jboss.org, which is still being discussed and
negotiated. Let's not reignite that topic in this thread.

Part of the complexity in this migration is that we were also consolidating
the ownership of all the domain names for seamframework.org and
in.relation.to (there are surprisingly a lot of them, and a lot of owners).
Some of the ownership transfer is still in progress, but the IP addresses
are now stable, so there should be no disruption throughout the rest of the
transfer process.

I'd like to thank Christian for making the transfer of the application very
easy. I'd also like to recognize the QE team (Jozef, Ondrej) for testing the
migrated site, Lincoln for helping with server configuration, Rodney for
provisioning the server, and both Pete and Rodney for staying on Red Hat IT
to get the DNS records updated.

Registered Linux User #231597