[seam-dev] Persistence Module Overview

Stuart Douglas stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 20:17:26 EDT 2010

That is a good question.

Currently the CDI specification does not allow interceptors on the
methods level to override interceptors on the field level (I have
filed an issue for this), if @Transactional was an interceptor binding
it would not be possible to override the behaviour of individual
methods. Also it is not really desirable to make @TransactionAttribute
an interceptor binding, and I think we should prefer
@TransactionAttribute where possible, just so there is only one
annotation users need to remember.

Good point about the stereotype's though. I might add some trickery to
the transaction extension to deal with this.

Stuart