[seam-dev] [weld-dev] startup beans

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 11:13:06 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:

> Ondrej raised the question of whether this is a per node event (it is). If
> we want per cluster, we have to talk to Paul F. Which were you after?

I guess it really depends on the function of the startup routine. I would
say that both are needed, but it's hard to anticipate. A startup event per
node might be doing something like flushing out a temp directory, seeding a
in-memory database or starting other services. A cluster-wide startup event
might be populating or sorting out records in a shared database or starting
up shared services. Obviously the second case you only want performed by one
of the nodes (or else they are stepping on each other's toes).

Registered Linux User #231597