[seam-dev] [weld-dev] startup beans

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Oct 20 17:59:41 EDT 2010

On 20 Oct 2010, at 22:16, Dan Allen wrote:

> Summary thus far:
>
> 1. Coin a well-defined set of context lifecycle events to go in Weld Extensions
>     @Application @Initialized Event (and perhaps one per scope annotation?)

I don't think you need any classes, just use the what fired the event as the payload, (as Nik did for the servlet context) and qualifiers to select

> 2. Use observers based on these events to get startup behavior rather than @Startup components
>     @Observes @Application @Initialized E (what's the event type?)

As above, e.g. ServletContextInitializedEvent (or whatever it's called) is the payload.

> 3. Implement event firing in appropriate Seam module (as it has hooks to the boundaries)
>     Servlet module already has these hooks in place, just leverage them

Right, switch over to new annotations

> 4. Provide a @ClusterScoped annotation & context impl somewhere in Seam 3 (which module?)

I think let's defer this for now until we user requests. It's going to be container specific anyway.