[seam-dev] Seam RESTEasy renamed to Seam REST

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 09:43:37 EDT 2010

Yes, exactly! Though I suppose if they are using RestEasy they will have
this functionality by default, as you suggest. I wasn't thinking clearly
when I wrote this, however. You are very correct. If RestEasy is already on
the classpath, it should probably provide injection for web-service
endpoints (via @Qualifer) annotations.

@Inject @RestEndpoint
private Endpoint<DataService> endpoint;

The endpoint could then provide access to things like the HttpClient, the
Request object, methods to invoke:

endpoint.sendRequest();
endpoint.getResponse();

And would take care of the bootstrap / typing / (un)marshalling, etc...

Pretty much a super-quick way of specifying a web-service endpoint and
invoking it via RestEasy Client Framework (under the covers of course)
If there's an easier way, then this wouldn't be needed, but that's my
thought!

--Lincoln

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:09 AM, Jozef Hartinger <jharting at redhat.com>wrote:

> Do you mean making a fork of the client framework in seam-rest or providing
> an integration with it (available when RESTEasy is on classpath)? I'll add
> it to the project ideas page.
>

> On 10/27/2010 04:06 PM, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
>
>> Excellent! I think that's a good call, and will help people adopt!
>>
>> Have we considered moving the RestEast Client Framework into Seam
>> RestEasy, or at least pulling it in if we are not already? That might be
>> another sweet feature to help wet people's appetite.
>>
>> Since we're no longer directly targeting RESTEasy, having a client
>> consumer framework available to them would no longer be a "standard,"
>> but it certainly would be nice.
>>
>> I think we should consider this if not already done.
>> --Lincoln
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at bleepbleep.org.uk
>> <mailto:pmuir at bleepbleep.org.uk>> wrote:
>>
>>    Jozef has decided to target this module at the JAX-RS standard only,
>>    therefore the module name has changed slightly. We renamed the repo
>>    on github accordingly.
>>

>> --
>> Lincoln Baxter, III
>> http://ocpsoft.com