[seam-dev] Seam module spotlight series

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 22:36:01 EDT 2011

Guys,

I'd like to start up a weekly Seam module spotlight.  Basically, each
week I'd like one of you to write up an article that we can publish on
in.relation.to that shows off the best features of your module.
Preferably the article would be use-case centric, as opposed to the
feature-centric style that we generally write with in the reference
documentation.  For example, if I was writing a blog post about the
persistence module I would make the point that if you're writing POJO
beans to implement your business layer that I would not have transaction
support by default, and that is where the transaction features of the
persistence module come in.  I'd also explain how it could be useful in
other container environments, such as Tomcat or even Java SE.

This style of writing is more likely to get your readers to a point
where they understand why your module is as cool as we say it is, as
they can relate its coolness in terms of real life use cases.  Whereas
explaining things from a feature point of view might leave some confused
as to how they can actually *use* that feature in their own projects.

Anyway, I'm looking for a brave volunteer to go first.  Ideally we'd get
the first spotlight article published by the end of next week (before
the 9th) so that should leave enough time to put together an informative
article.

Shane