[seam-dev] Seam University

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 23:12:40 EDT 2011

Could we get some ability statements or stories going that you have in
mind Shane? Maybe some of the technical direction you were thinking
about as well. I also don't see this being a huge problem for
development. We have many hands to help with the lifting, no reason we
can't do it in an iterative fashion. That'll help cut down on the
amount of work and also timeframe. It would also be a great time to
really test out Arquillian Alpha5.

On Wednesday, April 6, 2011, Shane Bryzak <sbryzak at redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Unfortunately none of these solutions offer the functionality that I
> want the site to provide.  The Seam 2 wiki example is too
> over-engineered for the simpler requirements of the new site (not to
> mention is based on JSF, which I don't want to use).
>
>> Concerning the cloud platform, I'm not very found of GAE, because it's very restrictive and a proprietary version of Java EE (datastore, thread management, bad JSF support, no EJB support...) and is not in the spirit of Java EE. Amazon's Elasticbeanstalk or some of your Redhat / JBoss cloud solution looks better to me. In the case we would like to promote the dev part a solution like cloudbees could also a good solution to me. It would be nice to have a part of the site build around Seam Forge and that could allow user to test, share code (a kind of Github with possibility to run code). A kind of Seam Genius Bar ;-).
>
> Using GAE was just an idea, I'm not set on it by any means and am happy
> for us to consider alternatives such as Amazon.  I picked GAE out of the
> air because a) it's popular with a lot of developers and it would be
> nice to have a "real" CDI/Seam example running on this platform, and b)
> its free quotas are quite generous.
>
>> I keep in mind that the coming Java EE 7 will be about cloud, so if we want to communicate and promote this we have to choose an environment that will probably follow this path.
>>
>> To finish, I'm not very found of having resources split between multiple sites and users experience and I think we should look for a solution that will host all Seam resources to give an image of professionalism and coherence.
>
> The key with creating a successful Seam knowledgebase site is to have it
> owned by the community.  If we host it at jboss.org then I'm certain it
> will work against this goal.  That's not to say though that we can't
> link between the two.  Also, I want to support OpenID (and the new OAuth
> features you've been working on) on the new site, which we can't do on
> jboss.org.
>

>> Antoine SABOT-DURAND
>> ---------------------------------------
>> Twitter ; http://twitter.com/antoine_sd
>> LinkedIn : http://fr.linkedin.com/in/antoinesabotdurand
>>

>> Le 6 avr. 2011 à 10:14, Shane Bryzak a écrit :
>>
>>> Now that the Seam final release has been out for about a week (and I've
>>> had a chance to gather my wits), I've been thinking a bit about what we
>>> should do with the seamframework.org web site.  I think that we're all
>>> in agreement that we need to do something, however the devil is in the
>>> details - it's plain to me that we can't do a straight migration of all
>>> content to the jboss.org community site and still retain all the value
>>> that the current site provides.
>>>
>>> Essentially, the contents of the site can be broken down into a few

>>> 2. Knowledgebase
>>> 3. Marketing