[seam-dev] Postconstruct issue when registering a Bean in an extension

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 06:43:51 EDT 2011

On 2 Aug 2011, at 10:05, Antoine Sabot-Durand wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In Seam Social, in order to support polymorphism I need the service beans to be qualified with the name of the service. For instance :
>
> @RelatedTo("LinkedIn")
> public class LinkedInJackson extends OAuthServiceBase implements LinkedIn
>
> It allows users to inject a service bean like that
>
> @Inject @RelatedTo("LinkedIn")
> OAuthService service;
>
> As I want to ease user life I also need to support this kind of injection (same results as above)
>
> @Inject
> LinkedIn service;

Have you considered using generic beans for this? It seems like a good fit.

I don't think we have enough information about the classes involved to be able to comment much on this scenario? Are there really two @PostConstruct methods? I would guess that what happens is that Solder is somehow collapsing multiple levels of classes into one or something.