[seam-dev] Solder MessageLogger and IllegalArgumentException

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 11:38:34 EDT 2011

I thought it was. Would you mind double checking the source and sending a pull request if it is not?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 5, 2011, at 3:59, Ove Ranheim <oranheim at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <configuration>
>                     <source>1.6</source>
>                     <target>1.6</target>
>                     <compilerArgument>-proc:none</compilerArgument>
>                 </configuration>
>             </plugin>
>             <!-- Run annotation processors on src/main/java sources -->
>             <plugin>
>                 <groupId>org.bsc.maven</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>maven-processor-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <executions>
>                     <execution>
>                         <id>process</id>
>                         <goals>
>                             <goal>process</goal>
>                         </goals>
>                         <phase>generate-sources</phase>
>                     </execution>
>                 </executions>
>             </plugin>
>
>         </plugins>
>     </build>
>
> The Solder documentation should be considered updated, as it fails in my project if I make an annotation that declares an enum in it:
>
> @Target( { TYPE, METHOD, PARAMETER, FIELD })
> @Retention(RUNTIME)
> @Documented
> @Qualifier
> public @interface PartsConfig {
>
>     PartsConfigSource target() default PartsConfigSource.FILE;
>
> }
>
> -Ove
>

> On Aug 3, 2011, at 5:03 PM, Jason Porter wrote:
>
>> Did you run the annotation processor to built the logger impl for your project?
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Aug 3, 2011, at 6:36, Ove Ranheim <oranheim at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The logging configuration with AS7 confuses me. Due a dependency of hibernate-search, I have upgraded to latest snapshot of it. And it works fine. I experienced that hibernate-search is unable to build the persistence-unit unless SLF4J is included, so I added an WEB-INF/jboss-deployment-structure.xml:
>>>
>>> <jboss-deployment-structure>
>>>     <deployment>
>>>         <dependencies>
>>>             <module name="org.dom4j" />
>>>             <module name="org.apache.log4j"/>
>>>             <module name="org.slf4j"/>
>>>             <module name="org.apache.commons.logging"/>
>>>         </dependencies>
>>>     </deployment>
>>> </jboss-deployment-structure>
>>>
>>> This solves all my former issues of logging dependencies and JBoss Logging works just fine and hibernate-search gets the logger instance it needs. I have experimented with including and excluding slf4j 1.5.10 and commons-logging 1.1.1, but it fails, unless I do the above.
>>>
>>> Anyhow, Solder's TypeSafe Message log seems broken with AS7 and I get the following exception:
>>>
>>> 14:20:49,876 ERROR [stderr] (http-localhost-127.0.0.1-8080-4) java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid logger interface com.musific.log.MusificLog (implementation not found)
>>> 14:20:49,877 ERROR [stderr] (http-localhost-127.0.0.1-8080-4) 	at org.jboss.logging.Logger.getMessageLogger(Logger.java:2254)
>>> 14:20:49,877 ERROR [stderr] (http-localhost-127.0.0.1-8080-4) 	at org.jboss.logging.Logger.getMessageLogger(Logger.java:2215)