[seam-dev] seam-wicket -> wicket-weld

Clint Popetz clint at 42lines.net
Wed Aug 17 08:53:19 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a proposal from one of the wicket committers (Igor Vaynberg, who is
also one of my employees) to transition seam-wicket to become a wicket
module that integrates wicket with weld, so that it's supported by the
wicket team.  This is a net win, in my opinion, because (a) the only code in
seam wicket is really just code to configure wicket's request cycle to
start/stop conversations and perform injection and has no other seam
dependencies, (b) this allows the release to be correctly synced to the
wicket releases, which we currently lag and are thus not compatible with,
and (c) he has more time to maintain this than I do, and would do a better
job of it.

Is this acceptable to the seam team?  The only thing I really need is for
the weld 1.1.1 artifacts to be in the central m2 repo, because wicket is
published there and the central repo doesn't let you have dependencies on
non-central-repo artifacts.  Is that reasonable/possible?

Thanks,
-Clint

--
Clint Popetz