[seam-dev] Meeting 2011-08-17

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 15:41:46 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 23:12, Shane Bryzak <sbryzak at redhat.com> wrote:

>  On 17/08/11 13:05, Dan Allen wrote:
>
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 22:57, Shane Bryzak <sbryzak at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>  Of course, but we break that rule.  Solder is one example, there's
>> multiple utility classes in the implementation that are required to compile
>> other modules.
>>

>  I consider that a bug (or a work in progress, depending on how you look
> at it).
>

> George suggested that we make solder a single jar, and to me it makes sense
> considering it's a set of utility features, and it would solve this problem.

I don't agree. Solder is not just utility classes. It has very clear APIs
and implementations in some places. There is quite a lot of implementation
detail, in fact, to implement things like the service handler and the
generic beans.

I am okay with moving more of the utility classes into the API, if they
truly are utility APIs.

Combining it all is just giving up on good design, IMO.

Registered Linux User #231597

http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about