[seam-dev] seam-parent overhaul

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:56:43 EDT 2011

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 17, 2011, at 18:46, Shane Bryzak <sbryzak at redhat.com> wrote:

> I've done some work to seam-parent already, removing weld-parent from
> the hierarchy, updating all the plugin versions and some general
> cleanup.  I have a bunch of questions though, if anyone can answer any
> of these it will save me a lot of time:
>
> 1) Do we require both junit and testng?

I think most are using JUnit. I found ftests that use testng though.

> 2) Do we use mockito?

Not yet, don't think, but a good idea for quick testing in api or impl

> 3) We have a number of Weld dependencies: weld-api, weld-core, weld-se,
> weld-se-core, weld-servlet - where/how are these being used?

Got me on that one.

> 4) org.apache.openjpa:openjpa-all - what uses this?

Persistence testing with another provider?

> 5) org.hsqldb:hsqldb - do we use this?

Again, perhaps persistence does

> 6) org.subethamail:subethasmtp - where is this used?

Cody answered that

> 7) com.sun.jersey:jersey-bundle and
> com.sun.jersey.contribs:jersey-multipart - what are these/where are they
> used?

Glassfish testing with the remote 3.1 client

> 8) Container-related:
>     org.jboss.jbossas:jboss-server-manager
>     org.jboss.jbossas:jboss-as-client
>     org.mortbay.jetty:jetty
>     org.mortbay.jetty:jsp-2.1-jetty
>     org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-naming
>     org.mortbay.jetty:jetty-plus
>     org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-webapp
>     org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-plus
>     org.glassfish.deployment:deployment-client
>
>     - Are these dependencies here purely for testing purposes?

I would assume that's the case

> 9) There are two emma plugins - org.codehaus.mojo:emma-maven-plugin and
> org.sonatype.maven.plugin:emma4it-maven-plugin, do we need both?
>    (actually, i think one is used for instrumentation, and one for
> reporting - can someone pls confirm this?)

Maybe we should look into the arquillian jocono (sp?) stuff instead.