[seam-dev] seam-parent overhaul

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 15:09:20 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 20:56, Jason Porter <lightguard.jp at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Aug 17, 2011, at 18:46, Shane Bryzak <sbryzak at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > I've done some work to seam-parent already, removing weld-parent from
> > the hierarchy, updating all the plugin versions and some general
> > cleanup.  I have a bunch of questions though, if anyone can answer any
> > of these it will save me a lot of time:
> >
> > 1) Do we require both junit and testng?
>
> I think most are using JUnit. I found ftests that use testng though.

That will go away when we switch to Arquillian Drone. The precursor to Drone
was bound to (or worked more comfortably) with testng. That's not the case
any longer.

JUnit is a much better choice with Arquillian, atm. The intention is to have
an equal experience with both, but we are still facing some SPI challenges
w/ TestNG.

Sadly, that knocks out groups. However, we have plans to put a filtering
feature at a higher level, in Arquillian itself.

Registered Linux User #231597

http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about