[seam-dev] Seam 3.1 beta release, take two

Marek Schmidt maschmid at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 06:52:48 EDT 2011

Hi Shane,

I have managed to run (more or less, with 1 failure and 4 errors) the
new Solder testsuite on AS7 (the jbossas-managed-7 profile)

with the following changes:

1. removing the <forkMode>always</forkMode> from
testsuite/internals/jbossas/pom.xml as it breaks the MavenArtifactResolver.

The other option for this issue is to hack the MavenArtifactResolver to
deal with the way surefirebooter works with forking, see the commented
out parts in MavenArtifactResolver.java in

https://github.com/maschmid/solder/compare/develop...testsuitecleanup

2. add the "Dependencies: org.jboss.logging,org.jboss.logmanager" to the
seam-logger jar manifest, as no solder test archive gets deployed on AS7
without it.

3. Upgrade arquillian.version and arquillian.jboss7.version to
1.0.0.CR4, as I get

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/jboss/arquillian/container/spi/client/protocol/metadata/JMXContext

exception with CR1 for some strange reason.

(org.jboss.seam.solder.test.el.ElTest and
org.jboss.seam.solder.test.resourceLoader.ResourceLoaderTest are broken
because the "targetContainerAdapterClass" hack doesn't work anymore.

Cheers,

Marek Schmidt