[seam-dev] Seam JMS Alpha 2 Incoming...

Jordan Ganoff jganoff at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 14:35:13 EST 2011

Hi Martin,

1) Let's start with something small that shows off what's implemented to
date. A small web app that uses Seam JMS to define a route between a CDI
event and a JMS destination. Other features exist but they mostly augment
the existing CDI functionality to allow the injection of JMS-related
resources (Connection, Session, Destination Producers, and Consumers) "out
of the box". It might be difficult to create a practical small example but
if we use Seam JMS to bridge event -> JMS -> event in place of doing a
direct call that could at least show its potential. One thing to note:
Ingress routing (firing events when we receive messages from JMS) is not
complete so you'll need to implement your own functionality to fire events
when JMS messages are received. You'll probably want to declare an MDB or
create your own MessageListener and simply fire the event. Once the ingress
routing is complete you can remove all that code and just define a
bidirectional route.

Have a look at the test cases for examples. Right now that's what I've been
relying on to show off the features.

2) The sooner the better; however, we have some work to do around the
ingress routing as stated above. We're shooting to have ingress routing
complete by the end of this coming week. Whenever you can finish the example
should be good - it's way better than what we have now (nothing)!

Thanks,
Jordan

--
Jordan Ganoff