[seam-dev] Looking up beans for Producers in AfterBeanDiscovery

Jordan Ganoff jganoff at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 14:44:11 EST 2011

All,

I've run into an issue that I haven't been able to resolve. I am collecting
producers during ProcessProducer and I'd like to be able to invoke them
during AfterBeanDiscovery to operate on the produces objects. When I run the
application with Arquillian the beans can be looked up successfully. When
the application runs as a web app they are not.

The sample app is producer-test on this branch of seam-jms:
https://github.com/jganoff/jms/tree/producer-test/producer-test

The relevant code is here:
https://github.com/jganoff/jms/blob/producer-test/producer-test/src/main/java/org/jboss/seam/jms/producertest/TestExtension.java

Anyone have any ideas?

Follow up question: Is this a decent way for users to configure JMS routing
information (send CDI event X to JMS destination Y, etc)? The original idea
was to allow users to annotate methods with  @RoutingConfig and what they
returned would be registered as a route. The producer idea seemed like a
better fit though.

--
Jordan Ganoff