[seam-dev] Seam Social module in (pre)-alpha

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 16:50:50 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 18:10, Antoine Sabot-Durand <
antoine at sabot-durand.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For those who don't know me let me introduce myself. I'm a french senior
> consultant specialized in Java EE architecture (i don't work for Redhat but
> I manage a consultant team in a business unit of a small IT company in
> Paris)). I joined the Seam 3 project a few months ago after Devoxx and
> Lincoln invitation to work on Seam Social. The goal of this module is to
> provide CDI beans to manage communication with major Social Network
> (Twitter, Foursquare, LinkedIn, ...).

Fantastic! Welcome aboard. We are thrilled to have you join us!

> I lost a lot of time exploring the available technical options to implement
> this module. I also had to learn CDI which is very different than Seam 2.X
> ;-) and had to wait for stabilization of some of the core module, to be sure
> of my choices.

It was certainly not time lost, but experience and expertise gained, I hope.
I'm very excited that you've accepted the challenge to learn the new model.
I, perhaps one of many, believe that it's a very compelling programming
model to learn and build on.

> I've just pushed The Seam Social module on Github :
> https://github.com/antoinesd/seam-social
>
> At the moment, it contains an web application that can manage an OAuth
> connexion to Twiiter and send an update status (I know it's not very
> spectacular, but there is more to come :-) ).

> I'm not quite sure of the next step, but I'll probably need some help to
> make the best out  of CDI to use extension or decorators for instance
> mapping JSON to pojo with Jackson. As i'm not an API designer guy your
> feedback and critics for improvement are off course more than welcomed.

Great! Given that we are nearing 20 developers on Seam 3, I'm confident
you'll get more than enough feedback. I'm excited to take a look once I
return from the road :) No doubt, it's something worth "tweeting" about :)

Registered Linux User #231597

http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about