[seam-dev] what's your vision of an ideal migration guide?

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 19:27:35 EST 2011

With Seam 3.0.0 on the horizon, it's time to get serious about putting
together the Seam 2 to Seam 3 migration guide. The purpose of this thread is
to capture requirements for this guide.

For a migration guide to be useful, it must be rooted in practical
procedures rather than theoretical correlations. Therefore, before drafting
a single paragraph, it’s important to capture the requirements for migration
from the user community. We'll then seek to answer those questions in the
guide. Once we have addressed those questions, we can fill-in the guide with
more generalized mappings for completeness.

So I ask, "what's your vision of an ideal migration guide?"

We don't have to answer the questions in this guide, though if you feel
compelled to answer a question, feel free to do so. Let's just try to stay
focused on identifying your concerns and questions, then we can discuss the
answers while reviewing the guide drafts.

Fire the requirements away. If you've already written requirements somewhere
on the web, you can just link to them.

Registered Linux User #231597

http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about