[seam-dev] Weld maintenance release

Brian Leathem bleathem at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 23:02:19 EST 2011

On 02/19/2011 07:37 AM, Clint Popetz wrote:
> Any way we can get a Weld 1.1.1 to have 3.0 rely upon?
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WELD-833 has been fixed in
> 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT, and without it seam-wicket it not usuable.
>
> -Clint

I'm in a similar boat with Faces, in terms of needing a Weld maintenance
release.  I became increasingly worried when I heard that Weld 1.2 might
come with SPI changes (although I've been told this is not yet set in
stone).

I'm going to put togehter a post to the weld-dev list outlining the
benefit a Weld 1.1.1 release would have for Faces.  I'll include you're
Wicket/Weld issue above as an example of another Seam module that would
benefit from such a release, please let me know of any other issues that
would strengthen the argument.

Are there any other modules out there that have specific issues
requiring a Weld maintenance release?  If so, please let me know, and
I'll put together a complete picture of how Seam could benefit from a
1.1.1 release.

Brian Leathem