[seam-dev] Example names

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Sun Feb 27 08:48:29 EST 2011

Guys, we've got to come up with a standard naming scheme for our example
names, because the ones we have look like an rhinoceros sat on them or
something:

helloworld
idmconsole
model
openid-rp
princess-rescue
seam-catch-example-basic-servlet
seam-international-example-timeanddate
seam-jaxrs-exceptions
seam-tasks-statistics
seam-wicket-example-numberguess
short.ly
simple
validation
validation-helloworld

I'm just as guilty as anyone else (in fact I think mine are the most
ambiguous of all).  What I propose to clean this up is to prefix the
example name with the module name - e.g:

helloworld becomes remoting-helloworld
simple becomes security-simple

You get the idea.  Also, the Maven artifact names for the examples
should be standardised too.  We currently have all sorts of variations
here also, so how about we use seam-{module}-example-{name}, as this
seems to be what most people are already using (and therefore would
require the least work).

Using the previous two examples, that would give us artifact names like so:

seam-remoting-example-helloworld
seam-security-example-simple

What do you think?