[seam-dev] Seam 3 Mail Feedback Follow-up

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 17:27:16 EST 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 22:06, Cody Lerum <cody.lerum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now that I think about it, implementing it as an interface would cut
> the method count down on the MailMessage/VelocityMailMessage
> interfaces quite a bit...and from a maintenance perspective I'm
> worried about those getting too large since many of the methods have
> to be replicated on MailMessage + VelocityMailMessage and any future
> Templating systems we support. Or we just drop the builder pattern all
> together.
>
> I skeptical of someone implementing the EmailAttachment interface on
> their own, but it can't hurt and will make the api cleaner.

+1

I can't think of a case when someone said "dang it, I made too many
interfaces". In fact, I usually want to club someone over the head for
forcing me to replace a whole subsystem because the author failed to make
use of an interface.

Registered Linux User #231597

http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about