[seam-dev] Example names

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 18:52:39 EST 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 16:44, Gunnar Morling <gunnar.morling at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> +1 for making this more consistent.

+1 indeed. I'm all for consistency.

> Another issue are the folder names of the examples. I think the top level
> folder should always be "examples", even if there is only one example atm.
> (I'll change this for validation). To stay consistent with the naming
> pattern for the actual module folders, under "examples" the names shouldn't
> be prefixed in any way, but have the example's name only, e.g. "helloworld".
> This is already the case nearly everywhere with some exclusions (e.g.
> international). WDYT?
>
> The proposal for the artifact names looks good. It's a good idea to always
> use a concrete example name from the beginning (such as
> seam-validation-example-helloworld instead of seam-validation-example), also
> if there is only one example atm. That way the name doesn't have to be
> altered if other examples are added later on.

I think we should begin by updating the "gold standard", then module leads
can make sure their module is consistent. Please feel empowered to correct
this page if it's out of date.

http://seamframework.org/Seam3/ModuleAnatomy

Registered Linux User #231597

http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about