[seam-dev] Seam 3.0.0 Beta 1

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Tue Jan 4 06:07:46 EST 2011

I hope everyone had a restful end of year break.  Now that we're into
the new year I'd like to make it a top priority to prepare a beta
release for Seam 3.  To do this, we're first going to need at least a
beta release for every single Seam module - the good news though for
module leads, is if your module is already at Beta1 or higher, you don't
need to do anything ;-)

What I'd like to do is start off with a simple status check from each of
the module leads for each of the modules that are still in alpha.  To
the best of my knowledge this includes the following modules:

Seam Catch (Alpha3)
Seam International (Alpha 3)
Seam JMS (Alpha 1)
Seam REST (Alpha 2)
Seam Security (Alpha2)
Seam Servlet (Alpha 2)

If your module is in the above list, can you please describe what is
still required to be done to get your module to a beta release, and
roughly how long you think it will take.  I'll start with the security
module:

Currently the security module is in good shape, however I'm expecting to
make some further changes to the authenticator API to allow better
integration between the external authentication module and the core
security beans, such as Identity.  I estimate that this work will take
approximately 2 weeks (so should be roughly completed by the 18th of
Jan) after which I'll release beta 1.

Once we have an update from all module leads then we can start setting
target release dates.  Ideally I would like to get the beta released
before the end of this month, ideally around the 21st.

Thanks,
Shane