[seam-dev] Issue resolved with JBoss AS 7 CR1 and Seam Social

Antoine Sabot-Durand antoine at sabot-durand.net
Mon Jul 4 10:20:47 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Just to let you know I managed to run social Web App example with Jboss 7-CR1. The trick was to have 2 beans.xml file. One in META-INF for Seam-Config to read beans configuration and one in WEB-INF in order to having the server exposing CDI bean for JSF view. I drop the Seam-Faces and its dependency Seam-International since I don't need them and they cashed the deployment.

If I put config info in WEB-INF/beans.xml, Seam-Config doesn't read them and if I don't put beans.xml in WEB-INF my JSF views don't access CDI bean (LE doesn't trigger any code). I don't know if it's the expected behavior for Seam-Config to read beans.xml only in META-INF....

Antoine SABOT-DURAND