[seam-dev] Proposed features for Seam JCR Hackfest

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 04:02:49 EDT 2011

Thanks John, some questions inline though.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 20:59, John D. Ament <john.d.ament at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are having a Seam Hackfest night on July 14, I think starting around 6pm
> eastern.  The target module for this hackfest is Seam JCR.  We've identified
> a few pieces of functionality that we want to cover:
>
> 1. OCM support (binding POJO's to JCR Nodes, ala hibernate)

Is a working knowledge of Modeshape or Jackrabbit needed for this? If so,
what's the best way to quickly get up to speed?

> 2. Security integration for managing credentials used within JCR
> implementations.

Will this be part of the JCR module or Security? I'm also assuming this will
be done using pickellink apis, correct?

> 3. Seam Catch integration for handling exceptions.
>
> There's one I'm skipping for now, which requires us to have a CDI managed
> entity listener.  This is a proposed JPA 2.1 feature, but not available in
> the persistence module.
>
> If anyone's interested, we would love the support.

Are there any bugs or JIRA tickets that we could also focus on? This kind of
thing would make for great twitter fodder (we'll make sure to retweet from
the jbossseam account as well).

> John

Jason Porter
http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com