[seam-dev] [seam-persistence] ManagedPersistenceContextExtension

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Mon Jul 11 04:46:59 EDT 2011

Ok txs. This means Hibernate must load all properties of an entity in a very eager way. Even ElementCollections and blobs, right?

Otherwise you cannot distinguish between

*) field is null because the blob didn't get loaded yet (_loaded==false)
*) field is null because it got set to null to clear it (_loaded==true, _dirty==true)

The _dirty is not that important (only can help to improve performance), but it would be fine if the JPA spec could introduce a

@Loaded
private BitField _loaded;

like we have with @Version.

wdyt?

LieGrue,
strub

PS: sorry if this is now a bit OT already ...