[seam-dev] Seam Security security.drl

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:30:14 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 04:51, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 20 Jul 2011, at 12:46, Marek Schmidt wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > looking at https://issues.jboss.org/browse/SEAMSECURITY-81, I am not
> > sure, what is the intended location of the security.drl file?
> >
> > The examples have it in WEB-INF/security.drl, but that doesn't work
> > except on AS6.
> >
> > The SecurityRuleProducer injects the file using:
> >
> >> @Inject
> >> @org.jboss.seam.solder.resourceLoader.Resource("security.drl")
> >> InputStream securityRules;
> >
> > So I am not sure which of these are true statements:
> >
> > 1. Seam Security examples are wrong, the file should be moved to servlet
> > context root
> > 2. Seam Security impl is wrong, it should @Inject it from
> > "WEB-INF/security.drl"
> > 3. Seam Solder on AS7/Glassfish is wrong, it should pick up the file
> > WEB-INF/security.drl using just the @Resource("security.drl") on these
> > platforms
> > 4. Seam Solder on AS6 is wrong, it should not pick up the file
> > WEB-INF/security.drl using just the @Resource("security.drl") on AS6.
>
> (3) and (4) are out, @Resource just uses the underlying web container and
> classloader to load resources.

> Either (1) or (2) is correct.

I don't think we want #1. That puts the file in the public web directory.
How about:

1b: the file should be moved to the classpath (WEB-INF/classes) so it can be
injected with @Resource("security.drl")
2. Seam Security should inject from WEB-INF/security.drl

I think Seam Security should accommodate both 1b and 2. And thus, no change
to the example.

Registered Linux User #231597

http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about