[seam-dev] Feedback - JMS APIs

John D. Ament john.d.ament at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 21:29:35 EDT 2011

Something I've been thinking about for a while now is the mapping APIs used
by Seam JMS.  Currently, you write an interface to define routes used by JMS
events.  This requires a bit of extra code that I'm not a big fan of.  What
I was thinking was put an extra annotation on either the injection point of
the event or the observer method.  The idea is that the annotation would
include all of the destination configuration necessary.  For example:

@Inject @JMS("jms/QueueOne","jms/QueueTwo","jms/QueueThree") Event<MyType>
myTypeEvent;

@JMS("jms/MyTopic")
public void handleMessages(@Observes Long longsInTopic) {

}

The issues I see, since essentially I have to create an extra
observer/firing pair to support each of these, is how to determine the
observed type in the event.  In general, any thoughts? Is it possible to
determine the event's type in this case? If so, does the approach make
sense?

- John