[seam-dev] Seam 2.3 branch uses Maven

Marek Novotny mnovotny at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 08:19:30 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 08:48 -0300, Flavio Costa wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Marek Novotny <mnovotny at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>         Hi Seam devs,
>
>         although Seam 2 is now on leaving to the darkness due new Seam
>         3, I am
>         still working on that ;-) to satisfy some old Seam users who
>         wanted
>         missing features which is worth to do.
>
>         First full Mavenized build of Seam 2, second JSF 2 support.
>
>         I have imported transformed Seam 2 sources from my github
>         playground
>         into
>         https://svn.jboss.org/repos/seam/branches/community/Seam_2_3/
>
>         Marek Schmidt set up hudson/jenkins CI job for that SVN branch
>         at
>         http://ci.jboss.org/jenkins/view/Seam/job/Seam-2.3.X-CI/
>
>         Credits go to Martin Genčúr for his great effort on
>         transforming Seam 2
>         examples into Maven build structure.
>
>         This process will be followed by releasing 2.3.0.ALPHA

> Nice work Marek!
> Glad to hear that Seam 2 users are still getting some love!
>

> What are the plans for the 2.3?
> Is the mavenization the only goal (despite of bug fixes, of course)?

I was a little tightlipped, sorry ;-)

JSF 2, I hope that Arquillian integration should get in too.

> With tons of JBoss' projects migrating to Git and since you've already
> made the mavenization in a Git repository, why can't the development
> simply keep using Git from now on?
Clearly stated I haven't imported the SVN into my github playgrounf with
SVN history, because it was my private experiment which was a POC
changed into real transformation.

I will count with move to GITHUB into Seam organization sometime in near
feature. I just would like to put the base transformation into the old
Seam SVN repo for keeping SVN history and in parallel cleaning history
from my github playground, which is not important for keeping there.

It is also important to say that I tried to keep all things as they were
in Seam 2.2, but current state has to be polished for final release. So
check it out and report issues if you find any.

> Again, nice work!

Thanks!