[seam-dev] Hibernate 4.0 + Seam 2.x on AS7?

Matt Drees matt.drees at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 08:59:41 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 6:26 AM, Ales Justin <ales.justin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I had to switch over this persistence unit to being container-managed,
> which is the better thing anyway.  I was only using a Seam-managed PU to get
> around an AS6 issue, and that particular issue doesn't exist with AS7.
>
> Which AS6 issue is this?

I had 5 persistence units, one defined in a WEB-INF/classes/persistence.xml
and 4 defined in a web library (ie
WEB-INF/lib/xxx-persistence.jar!META-INF/persistence.xml).  I tried to set
up 5 persistence-unit-refs in my web.xml for each of these, but AS6 would
complain about the 4 defined in my web library; it only found the
WEB-INF/classes PU.  I think it's the same issue as discussed here:
http://community.jboss.org/thread/164252 .

-Matt