[seam-dev] Problem rendering application migrated from EAP5.1 to AS7

Sande Gilda sgilda at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 10:55:33 EDT 2011

I am migrating an EAP5.1 application to AS7. It is using Seam 2.2 and
RichFaces 3.3.1. I have made the datasource changes. I have also made
the changes for the new modular class loader support. My server has all
the latest bug fixes to get past issues I've run into.

I am at the point where the server starts up successfully without errors
and my application deploys successfully, also without errors. However,
when hit the URL for my application in a browser, the JSF/xhtml tags do
not render. Only the html tags and plain text render on the page. When I

So, a partial section of the page source looks like this:

    <h:panelGrid columns="2" rowClasses="prop" columnClasses="name,value">
    <h:outputLabel for="username">Username</h:outputLabel>
    <h:inputText id="username"
                                   value="#{credentials.username}"/>
    <h:outputLabel for="password">Password</h:outputLabel>
    <h:inputSecret id="password"
                                     value="#{credentials.password}"/>
    <h:outputLabel for="rememberMe">Remember me</h:outputLabel>

    <h:selectBooleanCheckbox id="rememberMe"

    value="#{rememberMe.enabled}"/>
    </h:panelGrid>

That part of the page renders like this:

    Please login here

    Username  Password Remember me

    _Users_

I don't see any tag controls like input text, buttons, or other
controls.  I tried upgrading to RichFaces 3.3.3 but it made no
difference. I also set the log level to DEBUG, but don't see any errors
in the server.log file.

Has anyone migrated a Seam 2.2 application successfully to AS7? I'm new
to Seam (and UI coding in general), so I'm looking for any pointers to
get around this issue.

Thanks,
Sande