[seam-dev] Extended validation constraints

Gunnar Morling gunnar.morling at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 12 06:31:14 EDT 2011

Hi Shane,

the @WebSafe constraint is a great idea.

I'm not totally sure what the right place for it would be, though. The
constraints we have in HV so far are independent from any application
layer. @WebSafe would be the first one specific to the web layer. You
mentioned possible other constraints, do you have something specific
in mind already?

Maybe it would also be a good idea to have a separate library
exclusively for custom constraints which could be used from everywhere
("HV Commons" or similar).

I'm also CC'ing Hardy and Kevin from the HV team. What do you guys
think? There is already a pull request with the constraint at GitHub.
We already have a CR for 4.2. If we decide to add @WebSafe to HV do
you think we should add this in 4.2 or to the next release?

--Gunnar