[seam-dev] The push to the finish line

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 08:28:29 EST 2011

Hi team,

I'd just like to thank everyone for all the hard work that you've done
to get Seam 3 to its CR1 release.  At this stage the plan is to release
CR2 this coming weekend, mainly so that we can get Forge integrated into
the bundled release.  This doesn't mean I expect everyone to have a CR2
release prepared for their modules, so don't panic ;)

What I would like everyone to do though is to spend some time going over
their module, checking the examples, making sure the documentation is
free from any spelling or grammar errors, and reviewing any outstanding
issues you may still have in JIRA.  If you think that your module looks
complete enough in these areas, it might be time to consider releasing
it as a final.  After the CR2 release goes out this weekend, I would
really like to start wrapping everything up for the final release in the
following 2 weeks, with a target date around the weekend of the
19th/20th of March (though please don't announce this date to anyone
just yet!).

Our QE team will still be busy testing CR1 this week, so if you *do*
think your module is ready for a final release, please hold off until
Monday next week to give them time to complete their testing and report
any last minute issues found.  Once your module is ready for final
release please let me know and I'll give it a quick review to make sure
it all looks ok.

Thanks!
Shane