[seam-dev] seam jcr

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 12:04:11 EST 2011

Good work. Making the module portable to both jackrabbit and modeshape is
very much inline with the portability goals of Seam. Having a representative
from each project is even better ;)

Portability doesn't mean you have to give up the add-ons that a particular
implementation offers. I recommend following the model we use in Seam
Persistence of activating features based on what's in use. Notably, Seam
Persistence exposes features of Hibernate, such as Search and manual
flushing, if Hibernate is present under the covers.

Seam Persistence also uses a similar multi-module test strategy to test each
implementation, so that's like worth following if you think it works for
you.

Keep in mind there are several ways to activate features based on
environment:

service locator (java 6)
register bean manually in extension (cdi)
producer (cdi)
@Requires (from solder)
configuration (via beans.xml or seam config)
or introduce your own if you need more flexibility

-Dan

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 06:34, George Gastaldi <gegastaldi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I forked the repository. Please browse my initial code to see if it
> matches your expectations.
>
> Also, what do you think about creating two maven modules for testing
> (jackrabbit and modeshape) ?

Registered Linux User #231597

http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about