[seam-dev] Seam 3 CR1 testing status (my part)

Martin Gencur mgencur at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 04:21:54 EST 2011

Hi,
I finished my part of testing. The following things were checked:

===Seam 3 Examples===

-functional tests for all examples in CR1 distribution -> issues filed:

helloworld example - SEAMREMOTING-28
idmconsole - SEAMSECURITY-35 (just added this version to "affects
version")
wicket-numberguess - cannot be deployed, there was a problem with slf4j
dependency when running in JBossAS, this is already fixed in upstream
(Merge branch 'ftest' of https://github.com/jharting/seam-wicket into
jharting-ftest )
validation-helloworld
	- SEAMVALIDATE-4 (pull request with the fix already sent)
	- SEAMVALIDATE-5
seam-tasks - SEAMREST-34
validation - JBIDE-8499 (at first this was manned to be a feature
request for JBTools), already fixed in upstream in Seam/Remoting module

===JBossTools 3.2===

I tested both Seam 3 and Seam 2 use cases.

Seam 2 - standard release cycle (importing projects generated with
seam-gen - both war and ear, creating new projects, running testng
tests, querying in hibernate console) - only JBIDE-7958 found (was
created earlier)

Seam 3
- creating of a new project, enabling a CDI facet
- code completion in JSF files, beans.xml
- using tools for creating new Annotation Literal, Bean, Decorator,
beans.xml, Interceptor, Interceptor Binding Annotation, Qualifier
Annotation, Scope Annotation, Stereotype Annotation
- from validation I tested only one option: checking unsatisfiable
dependencies

- I also imported all example from Seam 3 CR1 release, built them and
deployed into JBossAS from within Eclipse.

All of these things seemed to work properly, I didn't find any problem.

--
Martin Gencur
Seam QA Associate