[seam-dev] declarative transactions for jms and jcr

John D. Ament john.d.ament at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 21:00:19 EST 2011

Dan,

Generally speaking you are correct.  I agree that transaction APIs should be
moved outside of persistence to allow other modules to use them without
needing to use persistence.  I have already opened (and mostly coded)
SEAMPERSIST-35 which separates the SeamManaged annotation from persistence.
The annotation was already moved to solder by Stuart in SOLDER-77.  I hope
that SEAMPERSIST-35 can be integrated with Final so that the API calls are
clear up front.  So I guess what else needs to come out and what does the
timeframe look like for post Seam 3.0.0 for a supplemental release? I was
targetting May for JCR.  To echo George's point, I've seen a few forum posts
about JTA dependencies in Seam Persistence, when running it in a tomcat
environment.  Is it possible for us to do this, while possibly degrading
softly when it's not around?

John