[seam-dev] CR3 release

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 18:50:00 EDT 2011

Team,

After much deliberation we've decided to do a CR3 release this weekend
and postpone the final release for one more week.  This is due to a
number of reasons, mainly being significant code changes that we've made
recently (such as refactoring the transactions API and improvements to
logging) and work done to address compatibility issues with Glassfish.
I believe these changes are substantial enough to warrant another CR
release to allow for additional testing, to ensure that we will be
releasing a quality product in Seam 3.0 Final.

For most of the modules this decision won't have any significant impact,
we can proceed to release final versions of them as planned.  For the
modules that are affected (off the top of my head - Solder,
International, Persistence, Servlet, Security) we will do one more CR
release to include in CR3, then if everything looks ok we'll then go to
final.

Thanks,
Shane