[seam-dev] Release process

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 09:15:38 EDT 2011

The challenge we have is to find a release process that is compatible
with the Maven release plugin.  I understand the concerns about having a
buggy final release, and I agree with them.  I also like the idea of
(b), however for this *particular* release we can't continue releasing
CR's ad infinitum as we've already promised a (way overdue) release date.

For future releases we can most likely go with option (b), however for
the time being (i.e. for the 3.0 final release) we're just going to have
to do our best to fix all of the issues that we discover in CR3 before
we go final.  At this point in time, I'm assuming that we're going to
have to do a 3.0.1 release within a few weeks of 3.0.0 anyway, as Seam 3
is essentially a new, unproven project.  For that release, let's see if
we can make option (b) work for us.

Shane